Free Patterns

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Maidenhair, Ferns and Flowers


NY Spring 070
Originally uploaded by emmasdaughter
Yesterday my knitting was in the category of doom and gloom. Today the apocolypse was averted and the world, my world, is safe again. Oblique is cast upon the heap of "maybe I will fix" things. She is shunned for now.
My change of knitting heart came as I looked through my hybernation pile - a Vesuvius sort of pile - and saw a sad, forlorn bit of work peeking from beneath.
NY Spring 076 No, not the fern. That is an Ostrich fern, The one I saw peeking is a Maidenhair! A knitted Starmore Maidenhair. A beautiful piece of knitted art that I have been working on for a few years now. Begging for attention. Asking nothing more than to be loved and cuddled and nurtured to fulfillment. NY Knitting 038 She has been so patient. Lying there, waiting for my attention. My fickle knitting attention. After the disaster that was Oblique, a nice, attention to detail, straightforward Starmore design was just what the doctor ordered. So, out she came in all her glory. The substantial wool a blessing after the blend used for Oblique. The cables and aran openwork a breeze after the repetitive lace of Oblique. The solid fabric a joy compared to the lightness of Oblique. I am now in a state of knitting bliss. I love this bit of knitting named for a fern. My knitting disaster has led me full circle back to the bottom of my knitting pile to a nice, attention holding work.
I love Alice's designs. I want to knit them all.

Tulip with Lilies


1 comment:

Boondock Ma (Kim's Mom) said...

Happy to see you're back on top of the knitting world again :)

The Maidenhair is lovely, as are the other photos!