Free Patterns

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Jack and the Tale of Errant Yarn


Jack in the Cupboard
Originally uploaded by emmasdaughter
Mom's been knitting again. When she does that, I have to hide. Hide and make my attack from a hidden location. If she sees me, the yarn, the slinky, slippery, jumpy yarn gets hidden. So here I sit, awaiting the opportune moment. The moment that the yarn isn't aware of me, the Captain of Jack, the attack trained kitty. That is the moment I shall POUNCE! Capture the errant stringy stuff and bring it back to my kitty lair for later consumption.

Oh, Hairballs! She put it away!!!!
Prototype Sock
This yarn has been driving me crazy. It changes colors! Does it change flavor as well? She sez it is the leg of a sock and won't let me test it on my head. Every time I even touch it with my paw, she sez "No, Jack!" no jack no jack no jack... And then, Sock Needs A Nameto make matters worse! It grew into a long tube thing with a sharp turn and a dead end! What is up with that?
If that isn't enough, she has this long thing...sheJeff's Dark Mark calls it a scarf. I call it a long thing, that is hiding a scary face! She sez it is for Hijo Segundo, whoever that is. All I can say is I am a skeart of it.
I overheard her say that if I, the Captain of Jack, are not careful, she will make one for me! Think I will stay in hiding.
Jack the man.
That's all, you can go away now.

9 comments:

miyamojo said...

You bring new meaning to 'Jack Attack!' Maybe Mom will make you a scarf... you can use it for a bed or hide under it. Make sure you get to choose the color though, okay?! No scratching her new Strickley. You don't want to end up outside! :)

Hannah said...

Poor jack, my kitty has a similar problem.

Sigrun said...

I never thought of looking at knitting(or gardening) from any other point of view than my own. Interesting socks.

Boondock Ma (Kim's Mom) said...

I was chuckling throughout this one. Poor Jack. Just can't get a break!

Love your pictures, and the color of the yarn! Is the scarf done with the shadow technique?

Anonymous said...

hahahaxD Your post made me laugh :D
I think your scarf looks amazing. I love seeing colours change, you don't?
(I'll start my first wordless wednesday this week!)

Lupie said...

Love your projects and the post is too cute.

Becca said...

Ohhhh Jack!

Unknown said...

Captain, stay away from ye knitting master's things. She is liable to make ye walk the plank for pilfering the yarnish dandies! Arrrrgh!

Carrie K said...

Dismissed, eh? lol. Poor Jack, deprived of his attack.