Free Patterns

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Finished Project!


Finally! A finished project. This is the Curlicue Coverlet, by Oat Couture. It was fun to knit, but easy to get lost in. Lots of counting. Lots. Four rows here, eight rows there...cast off 4 here, increase a stitch there. Short rows all over the place, adding new yarn! It was fun and not that bad. Wasn't truly happy with the yarn choice, but the mom to be demanded "No Wool!" So there ya have it. Bernat's Baby Softee. Next item is at least going to be in cotton.

Oh, and what is the next item? It is going to be in little boy colors! Yay! And another Oat Couture pattern. One that I fell in love with several years ago...

Meet the Jelly Bean Suit!


Coming to a set of needles near you! In Garn Studio Muskat yarns! Yarn is on the way. Needles are ready. Pattern in awaiting use. This is going to be a fun knit...

3 comments:

Sigrun said...

The projects for wee ones are lovely. I know the feeling when the request is for "no fussy washing". I have 4 grown children and 4 granddaughters, and would love to knit for them, but if it can't go in the washer &dryer they politely decline (except for hand knit sox--can't get enough of them). THe jelly bean suit makes me want more grandkids.

Sigrun said...

Of course, you can ask me anything you want about gardening and plants. I will help as much as I can. Even though you are in a different zone,the basics are the same. But don't ask me about house plants--they succumb in my house. I even killed a mother-in-law's tongue once. Since we started the greenhouse 15 years ago, we have learned a lot of "lore" from our customers. Look forward to hearing from you. You can e-mail if you wish. I love the title of your blog.

Split Rock Ranch said...

Hi Bev! Thanks for dropping in on my blog. I love your FO projects. If only I had more talent in knitting... or maybe I just need more patience. I pray for it and keep getting tested but nope, still not there! ;o)